Cell-Surface Events during Myogenesis: Immunofluorescence Analysis using Monoclonal Antibodies
We have raised monoclonal antibodies (MAb’s) reactive with L8E63 myoblasts to study the events on the cell surface that accompany skeletal myogenesis. The dynamic state of the myoblast membrane has been described using indirect immunofluorescence with microphotometry, and developmentally defective mutants examined for antigenic expression relative to L8 E63 myoblasts. One antibody (Ab), H36, is highly selective for skeletal muscle and is not bound by nonfusing mutant myoblasts. Modulation of differentiation alters expression of H36 antigen.
KeywordsAntigenic Determinant Mononucleate Cell Defective Mutant Skeletal Myogenesis Cardiac Endothelial Cell
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Pearson, M.L. & Epstein, H.F., eds. (1982) Muscle Development: Molecular and Cellular Control, Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory, New York, 581 pp.Google Scholar
- 2.Eppenberger, H.M. & Perriard, J.-C., eds. (1984) Developmental Processes in Normal and Diseased Muscle (Exp. Biol. Med. 9), 293 pp.Google Scholar
- 4.Kaufman, S.J., Ehrbar, D.M. & Doran, T.I. (1982) as for 1., pp. 281–289.Google Scholar
- 5.Kaufman, S.J. & Foster, R.F. (1984) as for 2., 57–62.Google Scholar
- 7.Kaufman, S.J. & Foster, R.F. (1985) Dev. Biol.,in press.Google Scholar
- Haaijman, J.J. (1983) in Immunohistochemistry (Cuello, A.C., ed.), Wiley, Chichester, pp. 47–85.Google Scholar
- 9.Kaufman,S.J., Foster, R.R., Haye, K.R. & Faiman, L.E. (1985) J. Cell Biol., in press.Google Scholar
- 10.Kaufman, S.J., Parks, C.M., Bohn, J. & Faiman, L.E. (1980) Exp. Cell Res. 125, 333–349.Google Scholar
- 11.Ploem, J.S. (1982) in Immunofluorescence Technology (Wick, G., Traill, K.N. & Schauenstein, K., eds.), Elsevier Medical, Amsterdam, pp. 73–94.Google Scholar