General Computer Programs for the Determination of Formation Constants from Various Types of Data
In chemical equilibrium studies it is often necessary to find an adequate model description, represented by the function f(x; β 1,..., β m ). Good agreement between the experimental data and the values calculated from that model is taken as evidence of having selected the best model. It should be noted immediately that this is not the only criterion by which the correctness of the model is determined, but it is certainly one of the most important indicators.
KeywordsMolar Absorptivity Formation Constant Stoichiometric Coefficient Main Program Methyl Isobutyl Ketone
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.J. Cermak and M. Meloun, LETAG—Procedure for Minimization of Nonlinear Models, 2nd Symposium on Algorithms in Computation Technique, High Tatras 1974, Kniznica algoritmov, Vol. 2, SVTS, Bratislava (1974).Google Scholar
- 2.N. Ingri and L. G. Sillen, High Speed Computers as a Supplement to Graphical Methods. IV. An ALGOL Version of LETAGROP VRID, Ark. Kemi 23, 97–121 (1964).Google Scholar
- 3.C. F. Moore, PLOTT—Printer-Plotting Subroutine, Comput. Phys. Commun. 2, 97–121 (1964).Google Scholar
- 4.J. R. Bell, Normal Random Deviate, Commun. Assoc. Comp. Mach., Algorithm 334 11, 498–498 (1968).Google Scholar
- 6.S. Kuo, Numerical Methods and Computers, Addison-Wesley, Reading, Massachusetts (1965).Google Scholar
- 7.J. Wegstein, Root Finder, Commun. Assoc. Comp. Mach., Algorithm 2 3, 74–74 (1960).Google Scholar
- 9.A. Mikan, J. Havel, and M. Bartusek, Molybdate Chelates of EDTA, Scr. Fac. Sci. Nat. Univ. Purk. Brunensis 10, (Chemia) 23–28 (1980).Google Scholar
- 12.P. Havlova, J. Havel. S. Koch, and M. Bartusek, Über die Bildung des Ternaren Komplexes Mo(VI)-Oxalat-Brenzkatechin, Scr. Fac. Sci. Nat. Univ. Purk. Brunensis 12, (Chemia) 257–264 (1982).Google Scholar
- 13.J. Havel, M. Vyrchlabsky, J. Sekaninova, and J. Komarek, Computer Applications in Chemistry. III. Minimizing Program DISTR-LETAG for the Evaluation of Equilibrium Constants from Liquid-Liquid Distribution Data, Scr. Fac. Sci. Nat. Univ. Purk. Brunensis 9, 51–66 (1979).Google Scholar
- 14.L. Mullerova, M. Vrchlabsky, and J. Havel, Computer Applications in Chemistry. V. EXT-DISTRLETAG Computer Program for Treatment of Extraction Photometric Data, Scr. Fac. Sci. Nat. Univ. Purk. Brunensis 10, (Chemia) 13–22 (1980).Google Scholar
- 16.M. Meloun and S. Kotrly, Multiparametric Curve Fitting. II. Determation of Thermodynamic Dissociation Constant and Parameters of the Extended Debye-Huckel Expression. Application for Some Sulphonephthalein Indicators, Coll. Czech. Chem. Commun. 42, 2115–2125 (1977).Google Scholar
- 18.M. Meloun and J. Chylkova, Complexation Equilibria of Some Azo Derivatives of 8-Hydroxquinoline-5-Sulphonic Acid. IV. Determination of Dissociation Constants of 7-(Carboxyphenylazo)-8-Hy-droxyquinoline-5-Sulphonic Acids by Non-Linear Regression of Spectrophotometric Data, Coll. Czech. Chem. Commun. 44, 2815–2827 (1979).CrossRefGoogle Scholar