Targeting and Lysosomal Handling of Polymethacrylamide-Oligopeptide Conjugates
In the previous volume in this series, Trouet et al., (1982) explained the concept of the lysosomotropic drug-carrier conjugate and prescribed the necessary conditions for this approach to chemotherapy to succeed. We are engaged in the preparation and testing of such a conjugate, and here present a progress report on our work.
KeywordsSynthetic Polymer Lysosomal Enzyme Amide Linkage Terminal Amino Acid Distal Amino Acid
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Cartlidge, S.A., Duncan, R., Lloyd, J.B., Rejmanová, P., and Kopeček, J., 1982, Pinocytic capture and intracellular degradation of poly N-(2-hydroxypropyl)-methacrylamide chains connected by oligopeptide sequences, Proc. Internat. Conf. Biomedical Polymers, Durham, 289.Google Scholar
- Duncan, R., Starling, D., Rypáček, F., Drobnik, J., and Lloyd, J.B., 1982b, Pinocytosis of poly (α,β-(N-2-hydroxyyethyl)-DL-aspartamide and a tyramine derivative by rat visceral yolk sacs cultured in vitro. Ability of phenolic residues to enhance the rate of pinocytic capture of a macromolecule, Biochem. Biophys. Acta, 717:248.PubMedCrossRefGoogle Scholar
- Duncan, R., Cable, H.C., Lloyd, J.B., Rejmanová, P., and Kopeček, J., 1983a, Polymers containing enzymatically degradable bonds. Design of oligopeptide side-chains in poly(N-(2-hydroxypropyl) methacrylamide) copolymers to promote efficient degradation by lysosomal enzymes, Makromol. Chem., in press.Google Scholar
- Lloyd, J.B., and Williams, K.E., 1984, Non-specific adsorptive pinocytosis, Biochem. Soc. Trans. in press.Google Scholar
- Trouet, A., Baurain, R., Deprez-de-Campaneere, D., Masquelier, M., and Pirson, P., 1982, Targeting of antitumour and antiprotozoal drugs by covalent linkage to protein carriers, in: “Targeting of Drugs”, G. Gregoriadis, J. Senior and A. Trouet, eds., Plenum Press, New York and London.Google Scholar