A New Human Erythroleukemic Line: Initial Characterization and Hemin-Induced Erythroid Differentiation
A new erythroleukemic line, designated IDA, has been established from a non-lymphoid acute leukemia of M6 type. This line is characterized by a doulgling time of 35.9 ± 2.5 h and a saturation density of ~ 3 x 106 cells/ml. Interestingly it is essentially euployd (modal No. of chromosomes, 46), although it may generate occasionally polyploid cells and elements with aberrations often involving chromosome 21. When treated with hemin ± DMSO, cells are induced to massive erythroid dfferentiation (up to ≧ 90% benzidine positive cells). The IDA line is characterized by spontaneous and induced production of embryonic ς- and ε-globin chains, as evaluated by analytical isoelectric-focusing of the haptoglobin-Sepharose purified globin fraction.
KeywordsChronic Myeloid Leukemia Saturation Density Polyploid Cell Dicentric Chromosome Chromatid Break
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1).Ferrero, D. and Rovera, G. (1984) Clinics in Hematology, in press.Google Scholar
- 4).Lozzio, B.B., Lozzio, C.B., Bamberger, E.G. and Felin, A.S. (1981) Proc. Soc. Exp. Biol. Med. 166, 546–550.Google Scholar
- 5).Reuben, R.C., Rifkind, R.A., Marks, P.A. (1980) BBA Rev. Cancer 605, 325–331.Google Scholar
- 9).Rutherford, T., Clegg, J.B., Higgs, D.R., Jones, R.W., Thompson, J. and Weatherall, D.J. (1981) Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA 78, 348–352.Google Scholar
- 13).Sandoz, S.A., Bale, Atlas of Hematology, 1972.Google Scholar
- 14).Gianni, A.M., Presta, M., Polli, E., Saglio, G., Lettieri, F., Peschle, C., Comi, P., Giglioni, B. and Ottolenghi, S. (1982) In “Advances in Red Cell Biology” Weatherall, D.J. et al., eds., Raven Press, New York, pp. 279–287.Google Scholar