Role of PGE2 Produced by Neoplastic Cells as Modulators of Macrophage Chemotaxis
The relationships between tumor cells and macrophages during tumor growth have been the subject of many investigations. The aims were essentially the following: a) a better understanding of the mechanism(s) leading to the accumulation of macrophages within a growing tumor and b) the understanding of the mechanism(s) responsible for the macrophages’ acquisition of peculiar properties (strictly resembling those which occur during the process of activation) in tumor-bearing subjects.
KeywordsMacrophage Infiltration Chemotactic Activity Mycobacterium Bovis Threshold Number Lewis Lung Carcinoma Cell
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Becker,E.L.,Showel,H.J.,Naccache,P.H.,Freer,R.J.,Walenga,R.W., Sha’afi,R.I.,1982,Chemotactic Factors:locomotory hormones, in: “Phagocytosis:Past and Future”, M.L.Karnovsky,L.Bolis,ed., p.87, Academic Press,New York-London.Google Scholar
- Higgs,G.A.,1982,Arachidonic acid.Metabolism in leukocytes, in: “Phagocytosis:Past and Future”,M.L.Karnovsky,L.Bolis,ed.,p.105, Academic Press,New York-London.Google Scholar
- Ippoliti,F.,Bellelli,L.,Lombardi,D.,Lenti,L.,Di Giovambattista,A.M., Zicari,A.,Pontieri,G.M.,1983,In vitro PGE release from macrophages during 3LL development in C57B1/6 mice.,Cong.ETCS-EURES.Google Scholar
- Lipari,M.,Lenti,L.,Di Renzo,L.,Bellelli,L.,Catanzano,A.,Sezzi,M., Pontieri,G.M.,1983,Activation of the alternative complement pathway by Lewis Lung Carcinoma cells,Folia Immun.Allergol.Clin. 30:252.Google Scholar
- Moore,M.and Moore,K.,1977,Kinetics of macrophage infiltration of experimental rat neoplasms, in: “The Macrophage and Cancer”, J.B.McBride and A.Stuart,ed.p.330,Econoprint,Edinburgh.Google Scholar
- Normann,S.J.and Schardt,M.A.,1978,A cancer related macrophages dysfunction in inflamed tissues.,J.Ret.Soc.,24:147.Google Scholar
- Pelus,L.M.and Bockman,R.,1979,Increased prostaglandin synthesis by macrophages from tumor-bearing mice,J.Immunology, 123:2118.Google Scholar
- Pontieri,G.M.,Ippoliti,F.,Lipari,M.,Fragomele,F.,Lenti,L.,Lucchesi, M.,1982,Subversion of the immune system and tumorigenesis, Bull.Eur.Inst.Ecol.Cancer, 10: 113.Google Scholar
- Rivkin,I.,Rosenblatt,J.,Becker,E.L.,1974,The role of cyclic AMP in the chemotactic responsiveness and spontaneous motility of rabbit peritoneal neutrophils,J.Immunol.,115:1126.Google Scholar
- Roth,G.J.,1982,Preparation of (acetyl-3H)Aspirin and use in quantitating PGH synthase, in “Methods in Enzymology”,W.E.M., Lands and W.L.,Smith,ed.,Academic Press,New York-London, 86:392.Google Scholar
- Siegl,A.M.,1982,Receptors for PGI2 and PGD2 on human platelets, in: “Methods in Enzymology”,W.E.M.Lands and W.L.Smith,ed., Academic Press,New York-London,86:179.Google Scholar
- Snyderman,R.,Pike,M.,1976,Chemotaxis of mononuclear cells. in: “In vitro methods in cell-mediated and tumor immunity”, B.R.,Bloom,J.R.,David,ed.,p.651,Academic Press,New York-London.Google Scholar