Factors Regulating Ligand Binding to 5-Hydroxytryptamine Receptors in Rat Brain
Several factors have been known to regulate neurotransmitter receptor binding to central nervous system (CNS) but so far little is known about the factors which modify 5-hydroxytryptamine (5-HT) binding properties. Recently, in the course of 5-HT binding studies, it was found that ascorbic acid (AA), Mn2+, and HCO 3 − could modify ligand binding to central 5-HT receptors in rat.
KeywordsAscorbic Acid Adenylate Cyclase Guanine Nucleotide Iodoacetic Acid Lysergic Acid Diethylamide
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.S. J. Peroutka and S. H. Snyder, Multiple serotonin receptors:Differential binding of 3H]serotonin,3H]lysergic aciddiethylamide and 3H]spiroperidol, Mol. Pharmacol. 16: 687 (1979).Google Scholar
- 3.O. H. Lowry, H. J. Rosebrough, A. L. Farr, and R.. Randall, Protein measurement with the Folin phenol eagent, J. Biol. Chem. 193: 265 (1951)Google Scholar
- 4.L. G. Abood and F. Takeda, Enhancement of stereospecific opiate binding to neural membranes by phosphatidyl serine, European J. Pharmacol. 39: 71 (1976).Google Scholar
- 5.M. Rodbell, M. C. Lin, Y. Salomon, C. Londos, J. P. Harwood, B. R. Martin, M. Rendell, and N. Berman, Role of adenine and guanine nucleotides in activity and response of adenylate cyclase system, Adv. Cyclic Nucleotide Res. 5: 3 (1975).Google Scholar
- 6.J. Wolff and G. H. Cook, Activity of thyroid membrane adenylate cyclase by purine nucleotides, J. Biol. Chem. 248: 350 (1973).Google Scholar
- 7.A. J. Blume and C. J. Foster, Neuroblastoma adenylate cyclase: Role of 2-chloradenoisine, prostaglandin E and guanine nucleotides in regulation of activity, J. Biol. Chem. 251: 3399 (1976).Google Scholar
- 9.F. Pecker and J. Hanoue, Activity of epinephrine-sensitive adenylate cyclase in rat liver by cytosolic protein nucleotide complex, J. Biol. Chem. 252: 2784 (1977).Google Scholar
- 10.M. Lucas and J. Bockaert, Use ofdihydroalprenolol to study ß-adrenergic adenylate cyclase coupling in glioma cells: Role of 5′-guanylimidodiphosphate, Mol. Pharmacol. 13: 314 (1977).Google Scholar
- 11.H. Yamamura and M. Rodbell, Hydroxybenzylpindolol and hydroxybenzylpropranolol: Partial ß-adrenergic agonists of adenylate cyclase in rat adipocytes, Mol. Pharmacol. 12: 693 (1976).Google Scholar