Thermal-Hydraulic Analysis of the Ginna Steam Generator Tube Rupture Event Using RETRAN-02
a thorough understanding of the thermal-hydraulic response of a nuclear power plant during a steam generator tube rupture transient
better understanding of the sequence of events and physical phenomena that occurred during the Ginna event than was available from the plant data
better understanding of various procedural actions and their corresponding affect on the physical response of a nuclear power plant during steam generator tube rupture transients.
KeywordsReactor Vessel Steam Generator Plant Data Safety Valve Steam Line
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.“RETRAN-02, “A Program for Transient Thermal-Hydraulic Analysis of Complex Fluid Flow Systems,” EPRI NP-1850-CCM, May, 1981.Google Scholar
- 4.“Analysis of Steam Generator Tube Rupture Events at Oconee and Ginna,” INPO Report 82-030, November, 1982Google Scholar
- 5.“Thermal-Hydraulic Analysis of Ginna Steam Generator Tube Rupture Event”, INPO Report 83-, 1983Google Scholar
- 6.“Incident Evaluation, Ginna Steam Generator Tube Failure Incident, January 25, 1982, R. E. Ginna Nuclear Power Plant,” Rochester Gas and Electric Company, April 12, 1982Google Scholar
- 7.“NRC Report on the January 25, 1982, Steam Generator Tube Rupture at R. E. Ginna Nuclear Power Plant,” NUREG-0909, April 1982.Google Scholar