Calculation of the Limiting CESSAR Steam Line Break Transients
Argonne National Laboratory (ANL), under contract to the Nuclear Regulatory Commission, performed audit calculations of the limiting and Steam Line Break (SLB)  transient presented in the CESSAR FSAR. The results of the FLB and SLB calculations are discussed in the following sections.
KeywordsSteam Generator Pressurizer Pressure Nuclear Regulatory Commission Reactor Coolant Safety Injection
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.D. L. Caraher and G. B. Peeler, “RELAP5/MOD1.5 Analysis of a Full Power Large Steam Line Break with a Concurrent Loss of Offsite Power,” ANL/LWR/NRC 83-3, March 1983.Google Scholar
- 2.V. H. Ransom, et al., “RELAP5/M0D1 Code Manual Vols. 1 and 2,” NUREG/CR-1826 (EGG-2070 Rev. 2 Draft), September 1982.Google Scholar
- 3.Response to Round One Question 440.40 on the CESSAR FSAR, Combustion Engineering Inc., January 1982.Google Scholar
- 4.CESSAR FSAR, C-E Power Systems.Google Scholar
- 5.CESSAR FSAR, Amendment No. 7, March 31, 1982, C-E Power Systems.Google Scholar
- 6.V. H. Ranson, et al., “RELAP5/MOD1.5: Models, Development Assessment, and User Information,” INEL EGG-MSMD-6035, October 1982.Google Scholar
- 7.D. L. Caraher, Core Flow Mixing and Reactivity Feedback Model, Intermountain Technologies, Inc., February 1983.Google Scholar
- 8.CESSAR FSAR, Appendix C, C-E Power System. (Analysis presented prior to Amendment 7, March 31, 1982.Google Scholar