RETRAN Analysis of SONGS 2 Reactor Coolant System Flow Measurements
Southern California Edison Company conducted the test of reactor coolant system (RCS) flow measurements at the San Onofre Nuclear Generating Station, Unit 2 (SONGS 2) in the Summer of 1982. The test was initiated by tripping the pumps in various combinations, and measurements of RCS flow were made. These measurements are used to evaluate the response of the system to a loss of reactor coolant flow and to demonstrate that the RCS flow coast-down is consistent or conservative with respect to safety analysis. A SONGS 2 RETRAN-021 model was developed to simulate the flow test. The main purpose of performing RETRAN calculations for this test is to benchmark the SONGS 2 RETRAN model against plant measurement data.
KeywordsSteam Generator RETRAN Model Pump Speed Loop Flow RETRAN Analysis
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.RETRAN-02: A Program for Transient Thermal-Hydraulic Analysis of Complex Fluid Flow Systems, EPRI NP-1850-CCM, May 1981Google Scholar
- 2.RETRAN-01: A Program for One-Dimensional Transient Thermal-Hydraulic Analysis of Complex Fluid Flow Systems, Revision of CCM-5, Volume 4: Applications, EPRI NP-2175, December 1981Google Scholar
- 3.SONGS 2, Procedure 2HB-213-05, Rev. 1, Reactor Coolant System Flow MeasurementGoogle Scholar
- 4.Y. P. Ting, Calculation of Input Data for SONGS 2 RETRAN Post-Core Flow Test Model, Nuclear Analysis Group, NA-83-008, 1983Google Scholar
- 5.Pump Two-Phase Performance Program, EPRI NP-1556, September 1980Google Scholar