Use of LOBI Test Facility for Plant Transients Simulation
A detailed analysis of the course of Transients in Nuclear Power Plants aims at both the establishment of effective and reliable control procedures and the optimisation of recovery procedures. For this, information in the form of measured data is needed. For Light Water Reactors, data has become available in the past from both reactor start-up and shut-down transients and from Transients experiments with the LOFT and Semiscale test facilities of the USNRC. The Member States of the European Communities (E.C.) recognise the need for additional experimental data and have requested that a Transients experimental programme be performed with the integral system LOBI test facility of the Commission of the E.C. at its Ispra Establishment.
KeywordsSteam Generator Primary System Safety Valve Relief Valve Light Water Reactor
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.W. L. Riebold, H. Städtke: “LOBI-Influence of PWR Primary Loops on Blowdown. First Results.” Invited paper presented to: ANS 27th Annual Meeting, June 7-11, 1981, Bal Harbour, Florida, USA. and 9th Water Reactor Safety Research Information Mtg. of USNRC, Oct. 26-30, 1981, Gaithersburg, Maryland, USA. EUR-6975EN(1982).Google Scholar
- 2.W. L. Riebold, L. Piplies:“The LOBI Project Small Break Experimental Programme”. Paper presented to ANS-EPRI “Specialists Conference on Small Breaks in LWRs”, Aug. 25-27, 1981, Monterey, Cal. USA.Google Scholar
- 3.W. L. Riebold, T. R. Fortescue, K. H. Günther: “Design and Instru mentation of LOBI U-tube Steam Generators for Small Breaks and Special Transients Tests”. Paper presented to “International Meeting of Thermal Nuclear Reactor Safety”, Aug. 29-Sept. 2, 1982, Chicago, Illinois, USA.Google Scholar
- 4.H. Städtke, L. Piplies: “Performance of Directly Heated Rods as Nuclear Rod Simulators in the LOBI Facility”. Proceedings of “International Symposium on Fuel Rod Simulators”, Oct. 1980 Gatlinburg, Tennessee, USA.Google Scholar
- 5.L. Piplies, W. Kolar: “Two-Phase Performance Characteristics of the LOBI Pump”. Invited paper presented to the 9th Water Reactor Safety Research Information Meeting, Oct. 26-30, 1981, Gaithersburg, Maryland, USA.Google Scholar
- 6.J. G. Moore: “A Comparison of the LOBI and LOFT Experimental Facilities for Use in Special Transients Investigations”. Working paper presented at the 4th LOBI Special Transients Task Force Meeting by the UKAEA Representative.Google Scholar
- 7.A. Annunziato: “LOBI Special Transients Experimental Programme, LOFW-ATWS Transient Analysis”. Paper presented to “I Congresso Nazionale” of the Associazione Termotecnica Avanzata, Trieste, Italy, June 24-25, 1983Google Scholar
- 8.A. Amendola, B. Lisanti:“Adequacy of LOBI Facility to Simulate PWR Short Term Transients”. Tech. Note No.I. 05.01.82.202, Dec. 1982.Google Scholar
- 9.H. Städtke, W. Kolar, B. Worth: “Predictions of a Station Blackout ATWS in the LOBI Facility and in a KWU PWR. EUR. 6978. EN. 1983 (to be published).Google Scholar