The EPRI Plant Transient Data Bank
A data bank is being established to collect, organize, and archive for future applications both experimental test program data and nuclear power plant system transient data. This paper describes the nuclear power plant transient data that have been entered into this data bank and summarizes the use of the DATATRAN computer code in accessing and analyzing these data. The transient data from both BWR and PWR power plants are also described, and data availability and future expansion plans are discussed.
KeywordsNuclear Power Plant Data Bank Critical Heat Flux Electric Power Research Institute Reactor Vessel Pressure
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.L. A. Carmichael and R. O. Niemi (General Electric Company), Peach Bottom 2 Transient and Stability Tests, EPRI Topical Report NP-564, Electric Power Research Institute, June 1978.Google Scholar
- 2.M. L. Kantrowitz and J. P. Thompson (Combustion Engineering, Inc.), Reactor Transients at ANO-2, EPRI Final Report NP-1709, Electric Power Research Institute, October 1982.Google Scholar
- 3.H. Kopp (Technology Development of California, Inc.), Introductory DATATRAN Workshop, EPRI Workshop Materials limited distribution report NP-2499-LD, Electric Power Research Institute, June 1982.Google Scholar
- 4.H. Kopp (Technology Development of California, Inc.) and G. A. Mortensen (Intermountain Technologies, Inc.). Portability Studies of Modular Data Base Managers, EPRI Interim Report NP-762, Electric Power Research Institute, April 1978.Google Scholar
- 5.DATATRAN Information Newsletter Number 2, P. G. Bailey, Electric Power Research Institute, April 4, 1983.Google Scholar
- 6.G. A. Cordes and G. A. Mortensen (Intermountain Technologies, Inc.) Organization and Structure of an EPRI DATATRAN Data Bank, EPRI Interim Report NP-2873, Electric Power Research Institute, February 1983.Google Scholar
- 7.Analysis of Three Mile Island-Unit 2 Accident. NSAC report NSAC-80-1, Revised, prepared by the Nuclear Safety Analysis Center, March 1980.Google Scholar
- 8.J. M. Healzer (S. Levy, Inc.), Transient Data for Four PWR Plant Transients, EPRI special report to be published.Google Scholar
- 9.P. G. Bailey (Electric Power Research Institute), Nuclear Power Plant Transient Data Available in the Nuclear Industry, EPRI special report to be published.Google Scholar
- 10.G. A. Mortensen, G. A. Cordes, and R. K. House (Intermountain Technologies, Inc.), User’s Guide for the C-E/EPRI Two-Phase Pump Performance Steady-State Data Base. EPRI report to be published.Google Scholar
- 11.T. G. Broughton and P. S. Walsh, “A Real Time Method for Analyzing Nuclear Power Plant Transients”, Nuclear Technology, Vol. 53, pp. 217–225, May 1981.Google Scholar