Tests for Properties of Polymers
The frequency of failure (breakdown) of polymeric materials has decreased and will continue to decrease as polymer scientists and technologists recognize the importance of significant tests. In addition to knowing the glass transition temperature T g and the melting point T m , scientists must know the results of many other laboratory tests before a polymer can be recommended for a specific application.
KeywordsDifferential Scanning Calorimetry Thermal Gravimetric Analysis Solubility Parameter Plastic Engineer Polymer Such
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.ASTM 1980 Annual Book of Standards, Parts 35–38. Pipe and Building Products, General Test Methods, Part 36, Film, reinforced and cellular plastics, high modular fiber and composites Part 37, 38, published by American Society for Testing Materials, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.Google Scholar
- 2.J. Chiu, Polymer Characterizations by Thermal Methods of Analysis, Dekker, New York (1974).Google Scholar
- 3.G. Gee, Thermodynamics of rubber solutions and gels, in Advances in Colloid Science, Vol. 2, Interscience, New York (1946).Google Scholar
- 5.S. B. Tuwinner, L. P. Miller, and W. E. Brown, Diffusion and Membrane Technology, ACS Monograph Series 156, Reinhold, New York (1962).Google Scholar
- 6.R. B. Seymour and C. E. Carraher, Chapter 5 in Polymer Chemistry: An Introduction, Dekker, New York (1981).Google Scholar
- 7.R. B. Seymour, Plastics vs. Corrosives, Chapter 7, Wiley-Interscience, New York (1982).Google Scholar
- 8.W. E. Driver, Plastic Chemistry and Technology, Chapter 12, Van Nostrand-Reinhold, New York (1979).Google Scholar
- 9.K. C. Frisch and A. V. Patsis, Electrical Properties of Polymers, Technomic, Westport, Conn. (1972).Google Scholar
- 10.L. H. Lee, Advances in Polymer Friction and Wear, Plenum Press, New York (1974).Google Scholar
- 11.R. B. Seymour, Modern Plastics Technology, Reston Publishing, Reston, Va. (1975).Google Scholar
- 12.O. H. Varga, Stress-Strain Behavior of Elastic Materials, Wiley-Interscience, New York (1966).Google Scholar