The Finding and Significance of Spermidine and Spermine in Thymic Tissue and Extracts
Several years ago, I (K.F.) listened to a lecture by Allan Goldstein on the thymic hormones, and he inspired me to initiate research in this field. I am pleased to thank and acknowledge Allan for his inspiration and leadership in the complicated research on the thymus and the immune system. After my initiation of efforts to isolate thymic hormones, I was also significantly influenced by the research of Nathan Trainin and his group in this field.
KeywordsSpleen Cell Inhibitory Substance Thymic Tissue Thymic Hormone cAMP Assay
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Baker, P. E., Brooks, P. L., and Smith, K. A., 1980, T-cell growth factor therapy in athymic mice, Fourth International Congress of Immunology, Abstract 17.2.02.Google Scholar
- Dabrowski, M. P., Dabrowska, B. K., Babiuch, L., and Brzoski, W. J., 1980, Calf thymic hormone (TFX) driven maturation of human T-lymphocytes, Fourth International Congress of Immunology, Abstract 17.2.05.Google Scholar
- Folkers, K., Dahmen, J., Ohta, M., Stepien, H., Leban, J., Sakura, N., Lundanes, E., Rampold, G., Patt, Y., and Goldman, R., 1980a, Isolation of glutathione from bovine thymus and its significance to research relevant to immune systems, Biochem. Biophys. Res. Commun. 97:590–594.PubMedCrossRefGoogle Scholar
- Kiger, N., Florentin, J., Lorans, G., and Mathe, G., 1977, Further purification and chemical characterization of the lymphocyte-inhibiting-factor extracted from thymus (LIFT), Immunology 33:438–448.Google Scholar
- Lenfant, M., Duchange, M., and Millerioux-Di Giusto, L., 1980, Activity of a spleen derived immunosuppressive peptide (SDIP) in plaque forming cells assay, Fourth International Congress of Immunology, Abstract 17.2.19. Google Scholar
- Söder, O., and Ernström, U., 1980, Characterization of a thymocyte specific growth factor from calf thymus, Fourth International Congress of Immunology, Abstract 3.3.26.Google Scholar
- Stepien, H., Sakura, N., Dahmen, J., Lundanes, E., Rampold, G., and Folkers, K., 1982, Stimulation of lymphocyte proliferation to monitor fractionation of thymus extracts in Res. Commun. Chem. Pathol. Pharmacol. 37(3):403–412.Google Scholar
- Trainin, N., Small, M., Zipori, D., Umiel, T., Kook, A. I., and Rotter, V., 1975, Characteristics of THF, a thymic hormone, in: The Biological Activity of Thymic Hormones (D. W. van Bekkum, ed.), pp. 117–144, Kooyker Scientific Publications, Rotterdam.Google Scholar