Survey of Potential PRT Dyes and their Spectroscopic Properties
There exists a growing literature 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 describing the use of HPD in the treatment of malignant tumors, as well as extensive studies relating to the various possible aspects of the photodynamic processes in vitro and in vivo. The more recent topical conferences on the subject, in particular, have shown how the field is growing and how specialists in various disciplines bring their collective research talents to bear on the highly promising modality of cancer treatment. There is little doubt now that PRT will become one of the major weapons in the arsenal against solid tumors, largely as a result of Dr. T. J. Dougherty and the efforts of his disciples.
KeywordsFluorescence Lifetime Spectroscopic Property Rose Bengal Nile Blue Promising Modality
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.D. Kessel and T.J. Dougherty, ed., “Porphyrin Photosensitization”, Plenum Press, New York-London (1983).Google Scholar
- 2.Proceedings of the Clayton Foundation Symposium on Porphyrin Localization and Treatment of Tumors, April 24–28, 1983, Santa Barbara (Ca, USA), to be published.Google Scholar
- 3.A. Dahlman, A.G. Wile, R.G. Burns, G.R. Mason, F.M. Johnson, and M.W. Berns, Laser photoradiation therapy of cancer, Cancer Res. 43:430 (1983).Google Scholar
- 4.M.W. Berns, A. Dahlman, F.M. Johnson, R.G. Burns, D. Sperling, M. Guiltinam, A. Siemens, R. Walter, W. Wright, M. Hammer--Wilson, and A. Wile, In vitro cellular effects of Hemato-porphyrin Derivative, Cancer Res. 42:2325 (1982).Google Scholar
- 5.J.D. Sptkes, Photodynamic reactions in photomedicine, in: “The Science of Photomedicine”, J.D. Regan and J.A. Parrish, ed., Plenum Press, New York-London (1982).Google Scholar
- 6.J.D. Spikes, Photosensitization in mammalian cells, in: “Photoimmunology”, J.A. Parrish, M. Kripke, and W.L. Morison, eds., Plenum Press, New York (1983).Google Scholar
- 7.H.H. Seliger and W.D. McElroy, “Light: Physical and Biological Action”, Academic Press, New York (1965).Google Scholar