High-Spin States in the (p,n) Reaction
In 1974, Moffa and Walker1 stressed that certain “exotic states” of relatively high spin should dominate medium-energy (p,p’) and (p,n) reactions at large momentum transfers. They predicted that the study of the excitation of these states would be important to determine the high-momentum transfer components of the nucleon-nucleon (N-N) effective interaction at medium energies. Since the discussion of Moffa and Walker, experimental studies of high-spin states have been performed with both the (p,p’) and (p,n) reactions. These studies are providing not only information regarding the high-momentum transfer components of the N-N effective interaction, but are also beginning to provide nuclear structure information.
KeywordsTarget Nucleus Effective Interaction Large Momentum Transfer Tensor Term Inelastic Electron Scattering
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.F. Petrovich, The (p,n) Reaction and The Nucleon-Nucleon Force, ed. C.D. Goodman et al. (Plenum, New York, 1980) p. 115Google Scholar
- 6.R. Schaeffer and J. Raynal (unpublished). The modified version supplied by W.G. Love.Google Scholar
- 8.P. Schwandt, A. Nadasen, P.P. Singh, M.D. Kaitchuck, W.W. Jacobs, J. Meek, A.D. Bacher, and P.T. Debevec, Indiana University Cyclotron Facility Prog. Rep. Jan. 31, 1978, p. 79.Google Scholar
- 10.W. Bertozzi, Proc. LAMPF Users Group (1980), pp. 55–78Google Scholar
- 15.P. Schwandt, private communication.Google Scholar
- 17.J. Kelly, Ph.D. Dissertation, Mass. Inst. of Tech., p. 141 (1981).Google Scholar