The Politics of Community Care
Legislative measures and societal attitudes in the developed countries (and insofar as they follow suit, the developing countries) have over the last twenty-five years demonstrated a curious contradiction and ambivalence in relation to the provision of after-care services for mental hospital patients and preventive care for those at risk.
KeywordsLocal Authority Community Psychiatry Therapeutic Community Societal Attitude Legislative Measure
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.E. Jansen, “Politics and Planning” in: The Therapeutic Community, E. Jansen, ed., Croom Helm, London (1980).Google Scholar
- 2.Report of the Richmond Fellowship Enquiry: Mental Health and the Community, Richmond Fellowship Press, London (1983).Google Scholar
- 3.Mental Health Act (1959).Google Scholar
- 4.Government White Paper ‘Better Services for the Mentally Ill’ (1975).Google Scholar
- 5.Report of the President’s Commission on Mental Health (USA,1978).Google Scholar