To Plan and Manage Comprehensive Community Mental Health Services — Using Case Registers
In many European countries the trends of the organization of mental health services of the years 1970 to the beginning of the 80’s have been dominated by alterations to more comprehensive systems of different types of psychiatric treatment.
KeywordsMental Health Service Psychiatric Hospital Total Service Admission Episode Central Psychiatric Register
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Brown, G.W., 1960, Length of hospital stay and schizophrenia: A review of statistical studies. Acta Psychiatricat Neurologica Scandinavica, 35: 414–430.Google Scholar
- Dreyer, K., and Dupont, A., 1978, Utilization of psychiatric beds. An analysis according to residence per April 1st, 1976. Medicinalstatiske Meddelelser, 1978:2, Sundhedsstyrelsen.Google Scholar
- Goldberg, D., and Huxley, P., 1981, Mental illness in the community. The pathway to psychiatric care. Tawistock Publications, London and New York.Google Scholar
- Kastrup, M., 1970, A nation-wide census of psychiatric outpatients in Denmark. Acta psychiatr. scand. 61: 245255.Google Scholar
- Kastrup, M., and Bille, M., 1980, A census study with special regard to long-stay psychiatric patients. Acta psychiatr. scand. suppl. 285, 62.Google Scholar
- Nielsen, J., 1981, Patients from SamsO admitted to the Aarhus psychiatric hospital from 1852 to 1975. In: Nielsen, J., Nielsen, J.A., Kastrup, M., and Strömgren, E. The SamsO project. A community psychiatric project in a geographically delimited population. Acta Jutlandica LV, Aarhus; Medicien series 23.Google Scholar
- Weeke, A., and Strömgren, E., 1978, Fifteen years later. A comparison of patient in Danish psychiatric institutions in 1957, 1962, 1967, and 1972. Acta psychiatr. scand. 57: 129–144Google Scholar