The First Community Mental Health Center in Greece: Three Years Assessment of an Experiment
In Greece there is a wide consensus among state officials, professionals in health care field and the general public that the existing mental health care delivery system is inadequate and poorly organized.1,2 The need for planning of decentralized and effectively coordinated community services has long been accepted but only sporadic attempts towards this direction were made.
KeywordsMental Health Care Community Mental Health Community Mental Health Center Adult Service Mental Health Care System
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.M. Madianos, Mental illness and mental health care in Greece, Publ. Hlth Rev. 11, 1: 73 (1983).Google Scholar
- 2.C. Stefanis and M. Madianos, Mental health care delively system in Greece in Aspects of preventive of Psychiatry G. Christodoulou. Ed., Karger, Basel (1981).Google Scholar
- 3.C. Stefanis and M. Madianos, University mental hospital and community mental health center: Competing or complementary services in General hospital psychiatry, J.J. Lopez Ibor J.R.J. Saiz, J.M. Lopez Ibor Ed., Excerpta Medica, Amsterdam (1983).Google Scholar
- 4.V. Bohr, The use of students as employees in a community mental health center in the Community Mental Health Center, A. Beigel and A. Levinson Ed., Basic Books, New York (1972).Google Scholar
- 5.M. Madianos and C. Stefanis, Developmental issues and intervention strategies in a community mental health center in Greece paper presented at the 8th World Congress of Social Psychiatry Zagreb 1981.Google Scholar
- 6.E. Gruenberg, Evaluating the effectiveness of Community mental health services Milbank Mem. Fund, New York (1966).Google Scholar
- 7.M. Kramer and C.A. Taube, The role of a national statistics programme in the planning of community psychiatric services in the United States, in Roots of Evaluation J.K. Wing and H. Hafner Ed., Oxford Univ. Press London (1973).Google Scholar
- 8.M. Madianos, N. Vaidakis, V. Tomaras and A. Kapsali, Psychiatric Case identification in the community: coeficients of agreement between two pairs of observers, mimeographed (1982).Google Scholar