Subcellular Strategies for Tracing Receptor-Mediated Ligand Uptake Pathways in Liver
Receptor-mediated uptake by liver of asialoglycoproteins, polypeptide hormones and a β-adrenergic antagonist was followed by analytical centrifugation in sucrose gradients of tissue homogenates prepared at various intervals after organ perfusion. All ligands were transferred from the plasma membrane to a vesicular fraction of low density. Problems associated with the preparation of the complex low-density membrane fractions are described, and a preliminary description of their properties is provided.
KeywordsLiver Homogenate Sucrose Gradient Dounce Homogenizer Polypeptide Hormone Analytical Centrifugation
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Orlans, E., Peppard, J. Fry, J.R., Hinton, R.H. & Mullock, B.M. (1980) J. Exp. Med. 150, 1577–1581 (and see #B-8, this vol.).Google Scholar
- 4.Farquhar, M.G. (1983) in Membrane Recycling — Ciba Found. Symp. 32 [Pitman, London], 157–174.Google Scholar
- 8.Beaufay, H. & Amar-Costesec, A. (1976) in Methods in Membrane Biology (Korn, E.D., ed.), Plenum, New York, pp. 1–100.Google Scholar
- 12.Evans, W.H., Flint, N., Debanne, M.T. & Regoeczi, E. (1983) in Structural Carbohydrates of the Liver (Reutter, W., ed.), MTP Press, Lancaster, in press.Google Scholar
- 15.Schemelck, P.-H. & Hanoune, J. (1980) Mol. Cell. Biochem. 33, 35–48.Google Scholar
- 17.Cox, R.A. & Arnstein, H.R.V. (1964) Biochem. J. 93, 33C–35C.Google Scholar
- 18.Evans, W.H., Debanne, M.T., Flint, N. & Regoeczi, E. (1983) Biochem. J. (submitted)Google Scholar