Medical Rehabilitation of Arthrogrypotic Children and their Relations on the Psychosocial Stability of the Family
The rehabilitation program for arthrogrypotic children is the basis for successful medical treatment and must be designed separately for each case, and even for each joint and extremityl. This is necessary because of numerous individual differences shown in arthrogryposis. The basic goals of rehabilitation are mobility, the ability to use hands and wrists, and social and economic independence. Therefore, the program of rehabilitation for the lower extremities consists of: achieving stability, standing and walking. At the same time the program of rehabilitation for the upper extremities includes catching with wrist and fingers and working operations with the wrist and fingers.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.I. Jajić, T. Matasović and V. Becić, Medicinska rehabilitacija kongenitalne multiple artrogripoze, Reumatizam, 4: 128–132 (1978).Google Scholar
- 2.R. Shepherd, “Physiotherapy in Pediatrics,” W. Heinemann Medical Books Limited, London (1974).Google Scholar
- 3.G. Weseloch and R. Daller, Beitrag zur konservativen Behandlung der Arthrogryposis multiplex congenita, Kranken Gymnastick, 6: 117 (1972).Google Scholar
- 4.M. B. Ozonoff, “Pediatric Orthopaedic Radiology,” W. B. Saunders Co., PhiladelphiaLondon-Toronto (1979).Google Scholar
- 5.A. K. Poznansky and P. C. La Rowe, Radiographic manifestations of the arthrogryposis syndrome, Radiology, 95: 353 (1970).Google Scholar
- 6.T. Matasovic, Arthrogryposis multiplex congenita, in: “Ortopedija,” Ruszkowski et al., eds., Medicinska naklada, Zagreb (1976).Google Scholar
- 7.T. Matasović and R. Bilić, Liječenje deformirane dječje šake kod artrogripoze, in: Zbornik VI Simpozija “Bolesti i ozljede šake,” Dubrovnik (1980).Google Scholar
- 8.G. C. Lloyd-Roberts and A. W. F. Lettin, Arthrogryposis multiplex congenita, J. B. Surq., 52B: 494 (1974).Google Scholar
- 9.D. A. Gibson and N. D. Urs, Arthrogryposis multiplex congenita, J. B. Surq., 52B: 483 (1970).Google Scholar
- 10.W. I. W. Sharrard, “Pediatric Orthopaedics and Fractures,” Vol. II, Blackwell Scientific Publications, Oxford (1979).Google Scholar
- 11.O. M. Tachdijan, “Pediatric Orthopaedics,” W. B. Saunders Co., Philadephia-London-Toronto (1972).Google Scholar
- 12.A. M. Salmon, “Developmental Defects and Syndromes,” H M + M Publishers Ltd., Aylesbury (1978).Google Scholar