Evaluation of Psychiatric Emergencies in Athens Greater Area
The psychiatric 24-hour emergency operation has recently become one of the main parts of the mental health services systems creating an increasing interest in research on patterns of utilization of services or provision of care (Blaine et al.1, Schwartz and Errera2, Guido and Payne3, Kritzer and Pittman4).
KeywordsEmergency Service Illness Onset Psychiatric Emergency Suicide Mortality Psychiatric Emergency Service
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.H. Blaine, J. Muller and M. Chafetz, Acute psychiatric service in the general hospital: II current status of emergency, Amer. J. Psychiatry 124, Suppl. 37: 45 (1967).Google Scholar
- 4.H. Kritzer and F. Pittman, Overnight Psychiatric Care in General Hospital (1968).Google Scholar
- 5.M. Chafetz, H. Blane and J. Muller, Acute psychiatric services in the general hospital: I. Implications for psychiatry in emergency admissions, Amer. J. Psychiatry 123: 664–670 (1966).Google Scholar
- 6.R. Atkins, Psychiatric emergency service, Arch. Gen. Psychiat, 17: 176–182 (1967).Google Scholar
- 7.C. Huffine and T. Graig, Social factors in the utilization of an urban psychiatric service. Arch. Gen. Psychiat, 30: 249–255 (1974).Google Scholar
- 8.M. Madianos, A. Kounalaki, D. Madianou and J Vlachonicholis, Epidemiology of mental diseases in Greece: Preliminary report. Paper presented at the 9th Panhellenic Conference of Psychiatry, Athens, December (1980).Google Scholar
- 10.M. Madianos, A. Martinos, G. Papadimitriou and C. Stefanis, Psychiatric emergency referrals from general hospitals, Materia Medica Greca 8 (1): 63–65 (1980).Google Scholar
- 11.G. Lyketsos, Report of a research concerning the environmental influence delaying diagnosis and treatment of mental patients in Greece. Proceedings of the IV World Inter. Congress Series No 150, pp. 1453–1475 (1966).Google Scholar
- 13.C. Stefanis and M. Madianos, Mental health care delivery system in Greece: A critical overview, in: “Aspects of Preventive Psychiatry,” G. Christodoulou, ed., Blthca Psychiat, 160:78–83 (1981).Google Scholar