Approaches to Plant Protoplast Transformation Using Drug Resistance and Auxotroph Complementation as Selective Markers
The factors involved in building a successful plant protoplast transformation system are discussed, with particular reference to the methods of delivery, choice of markers and expression of introduced DNA. Experiments aimed at transforming protoplasts with resistance and other genes are described.
KeywordsSelectable Marker Crown Gall Eukaryotic Expression Vector Cointegrate Vector Tobacco Protoplast
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Daniels, P.J.L., A.S. Yehaskel and J.B. Morton, 1973: Proc. 13th Interscience Conf. on Antimicrobial Agents and Chemotherapy, Washington, 1973, Abs. 137.Google Scholar
- Davies, J. and A. Jimenez, 1980: Am. J. Trop. Med. 29 suppl., 1089–1092.Google Scholar
- Graf, T., 1975: Z. Naturforsch., 30c, 847–849.Google Scholar
- Kado, C.I. and A. Kleinhofs, 1980: Int. Rev. Cytol. suppl. 11B, 47–80.Google Scholar
- Korohoda, J. and K. Strzalka, 1979: Z. Pflanzenphysiol., 94, 95–99.Google Scholar