Construction of Recombinant Ti Plasmids Containing the chlM Gene from E. Coli
The stable maintenance of foreign genes in plant cells is dependent upon the nature of the vector used in DNA transfer attempts. The potential vectors which presently exist can be divided into two categories: 1) vectors which integrate within the host genome and 2) vectors which can be established as independent replicons in plant cells. The first category includes the T-DNA from Agrobac-terium tumefaciens and the T-DNA from Agrobacterium rhizogenes. The second class of vectors comprises the caulimovirus and germinivirus genomes, as well as cDNA copies of viroids. The pros and cons of each of those vectors have been recently reviewed by Howell1.
KeywordsNitrate Reductase Activity Crown Gall Sole Nitrogen Source Agrobacterium Rhizogenes Marker Exchange
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 4.Wostemeyer, A., Otten, L., De Greve, H., Hernalsteens, J. P., Leemans, J., Van Montagu, M. and Schell, J. (1982) This volume.Google Scholar
- 5.Gordon, M. P. (1982) This volume.Google Scholar
- 7.Marton, L., Dung, T. M., Mendel, R. R. and Maliga, P. (1982) Molec. Gen. Genet. (in press).Google Scholar
- 8..Taylor, J. L., Bedbrook, J. and Kleinhofs, A. Submitted for publication.Google Scholar
- 9.Matzke, A. J. M. and Chilton, M. D. (1981) J. Molec. Appl. Genet. 1:39–49.Google Scholar
- 10.Dellaporta, S. and Fraley, R. T. (1981) Plant Molec. Biol. Newslett. 2:59–66.Google Scholar
- 11.Leemans, J., Deblaere, R., Willmitzer, L., DeGreve, H., Hernal-steens, J. P., Van Montagu, M., and Schell, J. (1982) The EMBO J. 1:147–152.Google Scholar
- 12.Willmitzer, L., Simons, G. and Schell, J. (1982) The EMBO J. 1:139–146.Google Scholar