Role of Detoxication Esterases in Insecticide Resistance
Organophosphate (OP) resistance among Japanese mosquitoes was first observed in 1967 in the city of Amagasaki in the larvae of Culex pipiens pallens, and since then resistant populations of the Culex pipiens complex have spread widely to many parts of the country. Recent tests indicated that several populations of Culex tvitaenio-rhynchu, the vector of Japanese B-encephalitis, are also resistant to organophosphorus insecticides.
KeywordsSugar Acetone Agar Cage Phenyl
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Kasai, T., and Ogita, Z., 1965, Studies on malathion-resistance and esterase activity in green rice leafhoppers, SABCO J., 1:130.Google Scholar
- Kojima, K. , Ishizuka, T., and Kitakata, S., 1963, Mechanism of resistance to malathion in the green rice leafhopper, Nephotettix cincticeps, Botyu-Kagaku, 28:17.Google Scholar
- Matsumura, F., and Brown, A. W. A., 1961, Biochemistry of malathion resistance in Culex tavsalis, J. Econ. Ent., 54:1176.Google Scholar
- Matsumura, F., and Brown, A. W. A., 1963, Studies on carboxylesterase in malathion-resistant Culex tarsalis, J. Econ. Ent., 56:381.Google Scholar
- Ogita, Z., 1963, Separation and revelation of isozymes by means of the thin layer electrophoresis, Nucleus and Cytoplasm, 5:7.Google Scholar
- Ogita, Z., and Kasai, T., 1964, Separation and revelation of specific esterase in thin layer electrophoresis by means of a pH-indicator method, SABCO J., 1:37.Google Scholar
- Ozaki, K., 1969, The resistance to organophosphorus insecticides of the green rice leafhopper, Nephotettix cincticeps Uhler, and the smaller brown planthopper, Laodelphax stviatellus Fallen, Rev. Plant Prot. Res., 2:1.Google Scholar
- Ozaki, K., Kurosu, Y., and Koike, H., 1966, The relation between malathion resistance and esterase activity in the green rice leafhopper, Nephotettix cincticeps Uhler, SABCO J., 2:28.Google Scholar
- Yasutomi, K., 1970, Studies on organophosphate-resistance and esterase activity in the mosquitoes of the Culex pipiens group, Jap. J. Sanit. Zool., 21:41.Google Scholar
- Yasutomi, K., 1971, Studies on diazinon-resistance and esterase activity in Culex tritaeniovhynchus, Jap. J. Sanit. Zool., 22:8.Google Scholar