Computerized Multibed Respiratory Monitoring
Computerized monitoring in the intensive/critical care patient environment is now practical thanks in large measure to acceptance of the computer as a clinical tool. Confidence in the reliability and usefulness of computerized systems has grown, especially where they have yielded information otherwise unobtainable, or obtainable only with major effort by trained personnel. Further enhancement has come from establishment of real time data bases for trend, diagnostic and therapeutic purpose.
KeywordsVersus Module Line Data Respiratory Monitoring Real Time Data Base Alveolar Dead Space
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.J.J. Osborne, J.O. Beaumont, J.C. Raison, J. Russell, and F. Gerbode, Measurement and monitoring of acutely ill patients by digital computer, Surgery, 64: 1057, 1968.Google Scholar
- 2.R.M. Peters, and Hilberman, Respiratory insufficiency: diagnosis and control of therapy, Surgery, 70: 280, 1971.Google Scholar
- 3.R.M. Peters, J.E. Brimer, and C.M. Janson, Clinical basis and use of an automated ICU testing system, Computers in CC and Pul. Med., Norwalk, CT. 1979, p. 173.Google Scholar
- 6.J.W. Severinghans et al, Multiplexed mass spectrometer operating room (OR) monitoring system, AAMI Proceedings, 15: 189, 1980.Google Scholar
- 8.S.Z. Turney, and W. Blumenfeld, On line respiratory-waveform analysis using a digital desk calculator, Med. and Biol. Engin., p. 275, May, 1973.Google Scholar
- 10.S.Z. Turney, and W. Blumenfeld, Heated Fleisch pneumotachometer: a calibration procedure, J. Appl. Physiol., 34 (1): 117, 1973.Google Scholar
- 12.T.S. Kim, H. Rahn, and L.E. Farhin, Estimation of true venous and arterial PCO2 by gas analysis of a single breath, J. Appl. Physiol., 21: 1338, 1966.Google Scholar
- 14.H. Rahn, W.O. Fenn, A graphical analysis of the respiratory gas exchange, the O2 -CO9 diagram, American Physiological Society, Washington, D.C., 1955.Google Scholar
- 15.H. Rahn, A concept of the mean alveolar air and the ventilation-bland flow relationships during pulmonary gas exchange, Am. J. Phys., 158: 21, 1949.Google Scholar
- 16.A. Wardle and L. Wardle, Computer aided diagnosis, a review of research, Meth. Inform. Med., 17: 15, 1978.Google Scholar
- 17.C. Lenfant, Gas Transport and gas exchange, Chapter 21 in Physiology and Biophysics II (1974) Philadelphia, W.B. Saunders and Co., p. 325–357.Google Scholar
- 18.W. Blumenfeld, S.Z. Turney, and R. Denman, Interfacing the 8080 microprocessor for multivariate respiratory waveform analysis, AAMI proceedings, 17: 79, 1978.Google Scholar