Radiotherapy of Renal Cancer: Principles and Indications
Part of the NATO Advanced Science Institutes Series book series (NSSA, volume 53)
This paper will deal with the question of the usefulness of radiotherapy in renal adenocarcinoma (hypernephroma), and will not be concerned with renal sarcoma or with Wilms’ tumor.
KeywordsRenal Cell Carcinoma Renal Cancer Preoperative Irradiation Renal Carcinoma Solitary Metastasis
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.J.B. deKernion and D. Berry, The diagnosis and treatment of renal cell carcinoma, in Proceedings of the American Cancer Society’s National Conference on Urologic Cancer, Los Angeles, April 4–6 1979, Cancer 45:1785 (1980).Google Scholar
- 2.W.B. Waters and J.P. Richie, Aggressive surgical approach to renal cell carcinoma: Review of 130 cases, J. Urol. 122:306 (1978).Google Scholar
- 3.D.G. Skinner and J.B. deKernion, Clinical manifestations and treatment of renal parenchymal tumors, in: “Genitourinary Cancer,” D.G. Skinner and J.B. deKernion, eds., W.B. Saunders, Philadelphia (1978).Google Scholar
- 6.B. Windemeyer and E. Riches, Radiotherapy and combined treatment in adults, in: “Tumors of the Kidney and Ureter,” E.W. Riches, ed., E. & S. Livingston, Edinburgh (1964).Google Scholar
- 10.C.E. Cox, Personal communication, May 1981.Google Scholar
- 11.C.E. Cox, S.S. Lacy, W.G. Montgomery and W.H. Boyce, Renal carcinoma: 28 year review with emphasis on rationale and feasibility of preoperative radiotherapy, J. Urol. 104:51 (1970).Google Scholar
- 14.R.C. Chan, Renal cell carcinoma, in: “Textbook of Radiotherapy,” Third Edition, G.H. Fletcher, ed., Lea and Febiger, Philadelphia (1980).Google Scholar
- 15.J.C. Paradelo, Renal cell carcinoma, in: “Genitourinary Cancer Surgery,” E.D. Crawford and J.A. Borden, eds., Lea and Febiger, Philadelphia (in press).Google Scholar
© Springer Science+Business Media New York 1983