Theoretical Aspects of Interaction of Laser Radiation with Hot Electrons in Solids
Hot electric current carriers in semiconductors and solid dielectrics, that is electrons and holes, attract attention of physicists beginning from the 4th decade of our century. The first theoretical studies applied to the properties of the broad band gap insulators and were stimulated by the phenomenon of electric breakdown. It should be noted that at the time the scant knowledge of band structure and electric properties of solids prevented scientists from through understanding of electron processes in the conduction band caused by external electric field.
KeywordsLaser Radiation Critical Field Diffusion Approximation Free Path Length Conduction Band Electron
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Shockley W., Bell System Tech. Joum. 30 , 990; 1951Google Scholar
- 2.Prokhorov A.M., Fund.and Appl.Laser Physics, Proc.Quant. Electr. Conf., Isfagan, Wiley Intersc.Publ., 1971, p.51Google Scholar
- 3.Keldysh L.V. Sov. Phys. JETP 10, 509, 1960Google Scholar
- 4.Keldysh L.V., Zh. Eksp. Teor.Fiz.,48, 1962Google Scholar
- 5.Baraff G.A., Phys.Rev., A 26, 133, 1964Google Scholar
- 6.Epshtein E.M., Sov.Phys. -Solid State 11, 2213, 1970Google Scholar
- 7.Epifanov A.S., Sov.Phys. -JETP, 40, 897, 1975Google Scholar
- 8.Epifanov A.S., Manenkov A.A., Prokhorov A.M., Sov.Phys.JETP 43, 377, 1976Google Scholar
- 9.Gorshkov B.G.,Epifanov A.S.,Manenkov A.A., Sov.Phys.JETP 49 309, 1979.Google Scholar