Laser Induced Structural Changes in the Bulk and at Defect Sites in Semiconductors
When an amorphous semiconducting material is irradiated by a laser beam, some effects may occur depending on laser photon energy and power. At very low power, the optical absorption and luminescence properties probe the electronic structure of the unchanged amorphous phase. At low power, photos truetural changes are observed in some materials, as evidenced by X-ray diffraction, photoemission, dilatometry, optical absorption,… (Tanaka 1980). More subtile modifications are the origin of persistent photoconductivity observed in some materials (Sheinkman and Shik, 1976; Lang et al., 1979; Wautelet et al., 1980). When photo-bleeching occurs, oscillations in the optical absorption are observed at high power under certain experimantal conditions (Hajto and Apai, 1980). At very high power, nucleation and crystallisation of the amorphous films occur (see for instance Baeri et al., 1979; Andrew and Lovato, 1979; Van Vechten et al., 1979; and other papers in this school).
KeywordsElectron Spin Resonance Defect Site Dangling Bond Persistent Photoconduc Amorphous Germanium
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Adler, D., 1980, J. Non-Cryst. Solids, 35–36:819.Google Scholar
- Bishop, S.G., Strom, U., and Taylor, P.C., Phys. Rev. Lett., 34:1346.Google Scholar
- Failly-Lovato, M., Andrew, R., Laude, L.D., and Wautelet, M., 1980, to be published.Google Scholar
- Hajto, J., and Apai, P., 1980, J. Non-Cryst. Solids, 35–36:1085.Google Scholar
- Mollot, F., Cernogora, J., and Benoit à la Guillaume, C., 1980, J. Non-Cryst. Solids, 35–36:939.Google Scholar
- Sheinkman, M.K., and Shik, A.Ya, 1976, Sov. Phys. Semicond., 10:128.Google Scholar
- Street, R.A., and Biegelsen, D.K., J. Non-Cryst. Solids, 35–6:651.Google Scholar
- Sturge, M.D., 1967, Solid State Physics, 20:92.Google Scholar
- Takahashi, T., and Harada, Y., 1980, J. Non-Cryst. Solids, 35–36:1041Google Scholar
- Tanaka, K., 1980, J. Non-Cryst. Solids, 35–36:1023.Google Scholar
- Van Vechten, J.A., Tsu, R., Saris, F.W., and Hoonhout, D., 1979, Phys. Lett., 74A:417.Google Scholar
- Wautelet, M., Laude, L.D., and Andrew, R., 1980, Phys. Lett.,77A:274.Google Scholar