Enhancement of Renal Regeneration by Amino Acid Administration
This chapter reviews some clinical and experimental evidence that supports the use of amino acids in the treatment of acute renal failure.
KeywordsAcute Renal Failure Mercuric Chloride Acute Tubular Necrosis Amino Acid Infusion Renal Regeneration
These keywords were added by machine and not by the authors. This process is experimental and the keywords may be updated as the learning algorithm improves.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Abel, R. M., Beck, C. H., Jr., Abbott, W. M., Ryan, J. A., Jr., Barnett, G. O., and Fischer, J. E., 1973, Improved survival from acute renal failure after treatment with intravenous essential L-amino acids and glucose: Results of a prospective, double-blind study, N. Engl. J. Med. 288:695.CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- Baek, S.-M., Makabali, G. G., Bryan-Brown, C. W., Kusek, J., and Shoemaker, W. C., 1975, The influence of parenteral nutrition on the course of acute renal failure, Surg. Gynec. Obstet. 141:405.Google Scholar
- Berlyne, G. M., Bazzard, F. J., Booth, E. M., Janabi, K., and Shaw, A. B., 1967, The dietary treatment of acute renal failure, Quart. J. Med. 36:59.Google Scholar
- Cuppage, F. E., and Tate, A., 1967, Repair of the nephron following injury with mercuric chloride, Am. J. Pathol. 51:405.Google Scholar
- Kennedy, E. P., and Weiss, S. B., 1956. The function of cytidine coenzymes in the biosynthesis of phospholipides, J. Biol. Chem. 222:193.Google Scholar
- Korenchevsky, V., Dennison, M., and Kohn-Speyer, A., 1933, Changes produced by testicular hormone in normal and in castrated rats, Biochem. J. 27:557.Google Scholar
- Lee, H. A., 1976, The role of intravenous nutrition in the management of acute renal failure, So. Afr. Med. J. 50:1703.Google Scholar
- Ng, R. C. K., and Suki, W. N., 1980, Treatment of acute renal failure, in: Contemporary Issues in Nephrology, Volume 6 (B. M. Brenner and J. H. Stein, eds.), Churchill Livingstone, New York, p. 229.Google Scholar
- Toback, F. G., 1980, Amino acid treatment of acute renal failure, in Contemporary Issues in Nephrology, Volume 6 (B. M. Brenner and J. H. Stein, eds.), Churchill Livingstone, New York, p. 202.Google Scholar
- Toback, F. G., Havener, L. J., Dodd, R. C., and Spargo, B. H., 1977a, Phospholipid metabolism during renal regeneration after acute tubular necrosis, Am. J. Physiol. 232:E216.Google Scholar
- Toback, F. G., Havener, L. J., and Spargo, B. H., 1977b, Stimulation of renal phospholipid formation during potassium depletion, Am. J. Physiol. 233:E212.Google Scholar
- Toback, F. G., Dodd, R. C., Maier, E. R., and Havener, L. J., 1979b, Amino acid enhancement of renal protein synthesis during regeneration after acute tubular necrosis, Clin. Res. 27:432A.Google Scholar
© Springer Science+Business Media New York 1982