The Nuclear Fuel Cycle: An Overview
My purpose today is to give a brief overview of the technology of the nuclear fuel cycle. I shall describe briefly the processes which are now being used and shall venture some opinions about future trends.
KeywordsFission Product Fuel Cycle Natural Uranium Nuclear Fuel Cycle Pressurize Water Reactor
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Organization for Economic Cooperation and Development: “Uranium-Resources, Production and Demand,” Paris (1979).Google Scholar
- 2.J. H. Coates: “France’s Chemical Exchange Process,” International Conference on the Nuclear Fuel Cycle, Amsterdam (1980).Google Scholar
- 3.H. Rogan: “Fuel Manufacturing Technology and Production Facilities at BNFL Springfields,” British Nuclear Fuels Limited (1977).Google Scholar
- 4.M. Levenson and E. Zebroski: “A Fast Breeder System Concept: A Diversion-Resistant Fuel Cycle,” 5th Energy Technology Conference, Washington (1978).Google Scholar
- 5.D. W. Clelland et al.:“A Review of European High-Level Waste Solidification Technology,” in Proceedings of the International Symposium on the Management of Radioactive Wastes from the LWR Fuel Cycle, Report CONF-76–0701 (1976), pp. 137–165.Google Scholar
- 6.J. L. McElroy et al.:“Waste Solidification Technology, U.S.A.,” ibid., pp. 166–189.Google Scholar