There is a growing national concern with drugs in our society, including the ways in which drugs are developed, tested, and marketed by pharmaceutical companies, the extent and effectiveness of the Food and Drug Administration’s (FDA) control, and the possibility of unforeseen long-range harmful effects to individuals taking certain drugs.
KeywordsPackage Insert Investigational Drug American Hospital Association Therapeutics Committee American Enterprise Institute
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Arbit, H. M., 1978, Regulatory aspects of investigational new drugs, Am. J. Hosp. Pharm. 35:81–85.Google Scholar
- Donehew, G. and Schaumberg, J. P., 1979, The pharmacist’s role as a member of the institutional review board, Hosp. Pharm. 14:509–519.Google Scholar
- Hassan, W. E., Jr., 1965, Hospital Pharmacy, pp. 75–87, Lea and Febiger, Philadelphia.Google Scholar
- Hiranaka, P. K., and Gallelli, J. F., 1979, Investigational drugs in the hospital, in: Handbook of Institutional Pharmacy Practice (M. C. Smith and T. R. Brown, eds.) pp. 382–397, Williams & Wilkins, Baltimore.Google Scholar
- Kleinman, L. M., and Tangera, J. A., 1974, Involvement of the hospital pharmacist in single and double-blind studies, Am. J. Hosp. Pharm. 31:979–981.Google Scholar
- Kleinman, L. M., Tangera, J. A., and Gallelli, J. F., 1974, Control of investigational drugs in research hospitals, Am. J. Hosp. Pharm. 31:368–371.Google Scholar
- Lanton, R. L., 1965, A community-wide project for the collection of adverse drug reaction reports, Am. J. Hosp. Pharm. 22(8):470.Google Scholar
- Lasagna, L., 1968, General considerations concerning untoward effects of drugs in man, Proceedings of the Third International Pharmacological Meeting Sao Paulo, Brazil, Vol. 3 (M. Rocha e Silva, ed.), p. 84, Pergamon Press, Oxford.Google Scholar
- Lasagna, L., and Wardell, W., 1975, The rate of new drug discovery, in: Drug Development and Marketing (R. B. Helms, ed.), p. 157, American Enterprise Institute for Public Policy Research.Google Scholar
- Luy, M. L., 1976, Package Insert Roulette: The “Catch 23” of prescribing, Mod. Med. (Chicago) 1976:20–23.Google Scholar
- Mandl, F. L., Greenberg, R. B., 1976, Legal implications of preparing and dispensing drugs under conditions not in a product’s official labeling, Am. J. Hosp. Pharm. 33:814–816.Google Scholar
- Stephen, S. P., and McKinley, J. D., 1974, Investigational drug information in a cancer research hospital, Am. J. Hosp. Pharm. 31:372–374.Google Scholar
- Physicians’ Desk Reference, published annually by Medical Economics, Oradell, New Jersey.Google Scholar