Nonlinear Excitations in some Anharmonic Lattice Models
In recent years there has been a growing interest in anhar-monic lattice models, because of their relation to structural phase transitions, and to soliton dynamics and thermodynamics. It is not intended to discuss the many interesting results of the vast literature in these fields, since there exist already very good reviews1 2 or conference reports3 4. But instead I shall study some new aspects of an anharmonic ferroelectric model, the basic properties of which were investigated in two recent papers5 6. In addition some results7 for the Toda-lattice2 will be discussed and compared with those found by Schneider and Stoll8. In these two examples the nature of nonlinear excitations will be clarified and their contribution to various physical quantities will be investigated.
KeywordsOriginal Lattice Phonon Branch Nonlinear Excitation Soliton Dynamic Dynamic Correlation Function
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 5.H. Büttner and H. Bilz, in: Recent Developments in Condensed Matter Physics, Vol. I, ed. Devreese, Plenum, p. 49 (1981)Google Scholar
- 6.H. Bilz, A. Bussmann-Holder, W. Kress, H. Büttner and U. Schröder, preprintGoogle Scholar
- 7.F. G. Mertens and H. Büttner, submitted to Phys. LettersGoogle Scholar
- 8.T. Schneider and E. Stoll, Phys. Rev. B, to be publishedGoogle Scholar
- 16.E. Magyary, preprintGoogle Scholar
- 17.I. Gumowski and C. Mira, Recurrences and Discrete Dynamical Systems, Lecture Notes in Mathematics 809, Springer 1980Google Scholar
- 18.H. Büttner, to be publishedGoogle Scholar
- 22a.F. G. Mertens and H. Büttner, in: Recent Developments in Cond. Matter Phys., ed. Devreese, Plenum 1981Google Scholar
- 25.S. Dietrich, Z. f. Physik, submittedGoogle Scholar
- 26.F. G. Mertens and H. Büttner, to be publishedGoogle Scholar