Remarks on Nonlinear Evolution Equations and the Inverse Scattering Transform
In recent years there has been considerable attention devoted to a new and rapidly developing area of mathematical physics, namely the Inverse Scattering Transform (I.S.T. for short). This method has allowed us to solve certain physically interesting nonlinear evolution equations. By now there are a number of review articles [for example, see Scott et al, 1973; Miura, 1976; Ablowitz, 1978] on this subject as well as some new books [for example, see Zakharov et al, 1980; Ablowitz and Segur, to appear], all of which contain numerous references.
KeywordsInverse Scattering Nonlinear Evolution Equation Stratify Fluid Finite Depth Inverse Scattering Problem
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Ablowitz, M.J., and Segur, H., to appear, Solitons and the Inverse Scattering Transform, SIAM Monograph, Stud, in Appl. Math.Google Scholar
- Flaschka, H., and Newell, A.C., to appear, Monodromy and spectrum preserving deformations, I. Comm. Math Phys.Google Scholar
- Kodama, Y., Satsuma, J., and Ablowitz, M.J., to be published, The nonlinear intermediate long wave equation: Analysis and method of solution.Google Scholar
- Proceedings of Joint U.S.-U.S.S.R. Conference on Soliton Theory, Kiev, U.S.S.R., 1979, to be published.Google Scholar
- Sato, M., Miwa, T., and Jimbo, M., 1977, A series of papers entitled “Holonomic quantum fields, I-V”, Pub. RIMS, I is in 14:223; Also a series of papers entitled “Studies on holonomic quantum fields, I-SVI”, Proc. Japan Acad., I is in 53A: 6.Google Scholar
- Satsuma, J., and Ablowitz, M.J., 1980, Solutions of an internal wave equation describing a stratified fluid with finite depth, in: “Nonlinear Partial Differential Equations in Engineering and Applied Science,” R.L. Sternberg, A.J. Kalinowki and J.S. Papadakis, ed., Marcel Dekker, New York.Google Scholar
- Taha, T., and Ablowitz, M.J., 1980, Numerical calculations, Clarkson College.Google Scholar
- Zakharov, V.E., and Manakov, S.V., 1979, Soliton theory, (Sov. Sci. Rev. Sec. A) Physics Reviews, 1: 133.Google Scholar
- Zakharov, V.E., and Manakov, S., 1980, Lecture by S. Manakov “On the self-dual Yang-Mills equation in 2n + 1 dimensions.” Conference on Solitons, Crete, Greece.Google Scholar