Food Aid for Supplementary Feeding
This chapter details the experience of one voluntary agency in handling a moderately large supplementary feeding program for preschool children in Egypt, using foods supplied by the U.S. Government under the PL 480 plan.
KeywordsFood Price Nutrition Education Supplementary Feeding Voluntary Agency Acute Malnutrition
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Food and Agriculture Organization. Food Balance Sheets, 1972/1974, FAO, Rome, 1976.Google Scholar
- 2.Field, J. O. and G. Ropes. Development in the Egyptian Governorates, L’Egypte Contemporaine, May, 1979.Google Scholar
- 3.Egypt National Nutrition Status Survey. Nutrition Institute, Cairo, and the Center for Disease Control, Atlanta, Georgia, April, 1979.Google Scholar
- 4.Gabr, M. Malnutrition and diarrheal disease. In: Practical Approaches to Combat Malnutrition with Special Reference to Mothers and Children (Proceedings of an IUNS Conference, Cairo, Egypt, May 25-29, 1977), N. Scrimshaw and M. Gabr (Eds.). Arab World Printing House, Cairo, Egypt, 1979.Google Scholar
- 5.Central Agency for Public Mobilisation and Statistics. Family Budget Survey, 1974/1975, Cairo, 1977.Google Scholar
- 6.Food for Peace. 1977 Annual Report on Public Law 480, Agency for International Development, Washington, D.C., 1979.Google Scholar
- 7.Allen, S. R. Report of Joint Activities and Recommendations for Future Work. CRS and University of Al-Azhar, April, 1979.Google Scholar
- 8.Institute of Medicine, National Academy of Sciences. Health in Egypt: Recommendations for U.S. Assistance. NAS, Washington, D.C., 1979.Google Scholar
- 9.Energy and Protein Requirements, Report of a joint FAO/WHO ad hoc expert committee, WHO Report Series No. 522. World Health Organization, Geneva, Switzerland, 1973.Google Scholar
- 10.Simon, M. Food aid for supplementary feeding programmes—An analysis. Food Policy, November, 1978.Google Scholar
- 11.Waterlow, J. C. and A. M. Thomson. Observations on the adequacy of breast feeding. The Lancet, August 4, 1979.Google Scholar