Vibrational Lifetimes for Molecules Adsorbed on Metal Surfaces
Theoretical calculations of the decay of vibrations of molecules adsorbed on a metal surface due to excitation of electronhole pairs in the metal are described and discussed. Both a dipole- and a resonance-coupling model are considered. Calculated lifetimes are compared with the measured value for the system CO/Cu(100).
KeywordsMetal Surface Vibration Frequency Electron Hole Pair Dipole Coupling Electron Energy Loss Spectroscopy
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.B.N.J. Persson, M. Persson, Surface Science (in print).Google Scholar
- 2.B.N.J. Persson, M. Persson, Solid State Communications (in print).Google Scholar
- 5.B.N.J. Persson, R. Ryberg, submitted to Phys. Rev. B.Google Scholar
- S. Andersson, B.N.J. Persson, to be published.Google Scholar
- 6.N.D. Lang, W. Kohn, Phys. Rev. B17, 3541 (1973).Google Scholar
- 8.D.M. Newns, private communication.Google Scholar
- 9.R. Ryberg, submitted to Phys. Rev. B.Google Scholar