Intrinsic Line Widths of CO Adsorbed on Cu(100)
A systematic investigation of the intrinsic line widths of the C-O stretch vibration for different configurations of CO adsorbed on Cu (100) has been made, using infrared spectroscopy. The line width of 12C16O in the ordered c(2×2) structure was found to be 4.5 cm−1 and for 12C18O 4.0 cm−1. Disorder, structural or isotopic, increases the line width by about 1 cm−1, whereas there is no additional broadening for partial coverages. The results are correlated with existing theories for damping and molecular interactions.
KeywordsLine Width Molecular Orbital Vibration Frequency Partial Coverage Stretch Vibration
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.R. Ryberg, submitted to Phys. Rev. B.Google Scholar
- 2.B.N.J. Persson, M. Persson, Solid State Comm., in press.Google Scholar
- 3.B.N.J. Persson, M. Persson, Surf. Sci., in press.Google Scholar
- 5.B.N.J. Persson, R. Ryberg, Solid State Comm., in press.Google Scholar
- 6.B.N.J. Persson, R. Ryberg, submitted to Phys. Rev. B.Google Scholar