Alcoholism and Affective Disorders
The Basic Questions
God’s ways have struck many people, including Amiel, as pretty depressing. What is a good cure for depression? Alcohol, Housman says, and through the ages people have agreed with him.
KeywordsAffective Disorder Heavy Drinking Bipolar Illness Alcoholic Parent Dysthymic Disorder
These keywords were added by machine and not by the authors. This process is experimental and the keywords may be updated as the learning algorithm improves.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.Nathan PE, Lisman SA: Behavioral and motivational patterns of chronic alcoholics, in Tarter RE, Sugarman AA, eds: Alcoholism: Interdisciplinary Approaches to an Enduring Problem. Reading, Mass., Addison-Wesley, 1976, pp 479–522.Google Scholar
- 6.Rado S: Psychoanalysis of Behavior. New York, Grune & Stratton, 1956.Google Scholar
- 7.Campanella G, Fossi G: Alcoholism and depression. Rass Stud Psichiatr 52: 617–632, 1963.Google Scholar
- 13.Mulford HA: Drinking and deviant drinking, U.S.A., 1963. J Stud Alcohol 25: 634–650, 1964.Google Scholar
- 15.Helgason T: Epidemiology of Mental Disorders in Iceland. Copenhagen, Munksgaard, 1964.Google Scholar
- 18.Parker J, Spielberger CD, Wallace DK, et al: Factors in manic-depressive reactions. Dis Nerv Syst 20: 506–511, 1959.Google Scholar
- 19.Sixty-fourth Annual Report, Department of Mental Hygiene., State of New York, 1952.Google Scholar
- 29.Ray I: Medical Jurisprudence of Insanity. Charles C. Little and James Brown, Boston, 1838.Google Scholar
- 32.Winokur G, Clayton PJ, Reich T: Manic-depressive Illness. St. Louis, Missouri, C.V. Mosby, 1969.Google Scholar
- 38.Ditman KS: Review and evaluation of current drug therapies in alcoholism. /nt J Psychiatry 3: 248–258, 1967.Google Scholar
- 39.Viamontes JA: Review of drug effectiveness in the treatment of alcoholism. Am J Psychiatry 128: 120–121, 1972.Google Scholar
© Plenum Publishing Corporation 1982