Discussion of Chapters 8 and 9
Some Developmental Aspects of Adolescent Mothers
Part of the Women in Context: Development and Stresses book series (WICO)
This discussion addresses itself to the developmental and psychological factors in adolescent girls that contribute to conception and to the decision to bear a child.
KeywordsAdolescent Girl Adolescent Mother Foster Home Maternal Deprivation Mother Figure
These keywords were added by machine and not by the authors. This process is experimental and the keywords may be updated as the learning algorithm improves.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Bibring, G. Some considerations of the psychological process of pregnancy. In R. S. Eissler et al. (Eds.), Psychoanalytic study of the child (Vol. 14 ). New York: International Universities Press, 1961, pp. 113–121.Google Scholar
- Blos, P. Pre-oedipal factors in the etiology of female delinquency. In R. S. Eissler et al. (Eds.), Psychoanalytic study of the child (Vol. 12 ). New York: International Universities Press, 1957, pp. 229–249.Google Scholar
- Blos, P. On adolescence: Psychoanalytic interpretation. Glencoe, III: Free Press, 1962.Google Scholar
- Deutsch, H. Psychology of women, Vol 2. New York: Crune and Stratton, 1944.Google Scholar
- Schaffer, C., and Pine, F. Pregnancy; Abortion and developmental tasks of adolescence. Journal of the American Academy of Child Psychiatry, 1972, 2, 551–536.Google Scholar
© Springer Science+Business Media New York 1982