Control of Plasmid Replication and Its Relationship to Incompatibility
The mechanisms that determine plasmid copy number and the relationship between control of copy number and incompatibility are controversial topics. Since many people attending this conference do not have a day-to-day interest in them, it has been suggested to me that it would be useful to list the points on which there might be general agreement among those working on these related aspects of plasmid biology.
KeywordsPlasmid Copy Steady State Growth Plasmid Replication Average Copy Number Plasmid Origin
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.R. H. Pritchard, in ‘DNA Synthesis: Present and Future’ Eds. I. Molineux and M. Kohiyama, Plenum, ppl-26 (1978).Google Scholar
- 3.B. Polisky, personal communication.Google Scholar
- 5.K. Nordström, personal communication.Google Scholar
- 9.R. H. Pritchard, M. G. Chandler and J. Collins, Molec. Gen. Genet. 138:143-155.Google Scholar
- 10.R. H. Pritchard, P. T. Barth and J. Collins, Symp. Sco. Gen. Microbiol. 19: 263–298 (1969).Google Scholar
- 13.B. M. Willumsen, Cand. Soient. Thesis, University of Copenhagen. (1975).Google Scholar
- 15.M. R. Otten, M. Wlodarcyzk, B. C. Kline and R. Seelke, Molec. Gen. Genet. 177: 495–500 (1980).Google Scholar