Respiratory Diseases in Farmers
Few epidemiological data have been reported regarding the health status of rural workers in relation to environmental or occupational hazards. This study deals with respiratory diseases in farmers. A cross-sectional epidemiological survey was carried out to ascertain the prevalence of chronic respiratory diseases and the various associated factors.
KeywordsForced Vital Capacity Chronic Bronchitis Pulmonary Tuberculosis Multiple Regression Equation Rural Worker
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.D. Casula, Questionario per le broncopneumopatie in agricoltura, in: “La salute in agricoltura,” Ed. C.S.Z., Cremona (1979)Google Scholar
- 2.Commission of the European Communities, “Notes on the 1967 E. CCS. questionnaire for studying chronic bronchitis and pulmonary emphysema,” A. Minette, D. Brille, R. Van Der Lende, F. Sanna-Randaccio, and U. Smidt (Eds.) Industrial Hygiene and Medicine Texts No. 14, Office for Official Publications of the European Communities, Luxembourg (1973)Google Scholar
- 3.P. Armitage, “Statistical methods in medical research,” Black-well Scientific Publications, Oxford and Edinburgh (1971)Google Scholar
- 4.N. Nie, D.H. Bent, and C.H. Hull, “Statistical package for the social sciences,” McGraw-Hill, New York (1970)Google Scholar
- 7.D.C. Morgan, J.T. Smyth, R.W. Lister, and R.J. Pethybridge, Chest symptoms and farmer’s lung: a community survey, Brit. J. Ind. Med. 30: 256 (1973)Google Scholar
- 8.E. Huthi, J. Takala, J. Nuutinen, and A. Poukkula, Chronic respiratory disease in rural men, Ann. Clin. Res. 10: 87 (1978)Google Scholar
- 10.U.S. Dept. Health, Education and Welfare, PHS, Health Resources Administration, “Prevalence of selected chronic respiratory conditions, United States, 1970,” Vital and Health Statistics Series 10: No. 84 (1973)Google Scholar
- 12.D. Madsen, L.E. Klock, F.J. Wenzel, J. La Mar Robbins, and C Du Wayne Schmidt, The prevalence of farmer’s lung in an agricultural population, Am. Rev. Resp. Pis. 113: 171 (1976)Google Scholar
- 13.J.V.S. Pether and F.B. Greatorex, Farmer’s lung in Somerset, Brit. J. Ind. Med. 33: 265 (1976)Google Scholar
- 15.P. Leophonte, A. Rongieres, M. Durand, and M. Mirman, La mala-die du poumon du fermier dans le départment de l’Aveyron, Poum. et Coeur 34: 219 (1978)Google Scholar
- 16.C. Giuliano, Alveoliti allergiche estrinseche O pneumopatie da ipersensibilità, in: “Immunologia clinica ed allergologica,” U. Serafini, Ed., Uses Edizioni Scientifiche, Florence (1978)Google Scholar