Comments on Creep of Reaction-Bonded Silicon Nitride and Hot-Pressed Silicon Carbide
In recent years studies concerning creep of reaction-bonded silicon nitride (RBSN) (1) and different silicon carbide materials (2) and the production and high-temperature properties of hot-pressed silicon nitride (HPSN) (3) were made in our institute. The early results were partly published at the Newport-conference (4) and elsewhere, e.g. (5,6,7). Some comments on creep were given during this conference relating to material parameters and properties of RBSN and hot-pressed silicon carbide (HPSC) discussed in other conference papers.
KeywordsSilicon Carbide Creep Rate Creep Behaviour Rupture Strain High Creep Rate
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- (1).Grathwohl,G., “Creep of reaction singered silicon nitride”, KfK report 2675, 1978, also: Ph.D. dissertation, Universität Karlsruhe, 1978.Google Scholar
- (2).Schnürer,K., “Creep of different SiC-materials in vacuum and in air”, Ph.D. dissertation, Universität Karlsruhe, 1979.Google Scholar
- (3).Becker,R., “The influence of process parameters and additives on the densification, creep properties and strength of hot-pressed silicon nitride”, KfK report 2771, 1979, also: Ph.D. dissertation, Universität Karlsruhe, 1979.Google Scholar
- (4).Grathwohl, G. and Thümmler, F., “Creep of reaction bonded silicon nitride”, Ceramics for high performance applications — II, ed. by J.J. Burke, E.M. Lenoe and R.N. Katz, Brook Hill Publ.Co., Chestnut Hill, MA, 1979, pp. 573–591.Google Scholar
- (6).Becker,R. and Thümmler,F., “Hot pressed Si N. with very low amount of binder phase”, 4th CIMTEC, St.Vincent, May 28/June 1,1979.Google Scholar
- (7).Schnürer, K., Thümmler,F. and Grathwohl,G., “Creep of different SiC-materials”, Science of Ceramics 10, Berchtesgaden, Sept. 2–4, 1979.Google Scholar
- (9).Arons,R.M., “Creep and strain recovery in silicon nitride”, Ph.D. dissertation, Columbia University 1979.Google Scholar
- (10).Ud Din,S. and Nicholson, P.S., “Creep deformation of reaction- sintered silicon nitrides”, J. Am. Ceram. Soc. 58, 500–502, (1975).Google Scholar
- (11).Lange,F.F., “Non-elastic deformation of polycrystals with a liquid boundary phase”, Deformation of ceramic materials, ed. by R.C. Bradt, R.E. Tressler, Plenum Press, New York, 1975, pp. 361–381.Google Scholar
- (12).Kriegesmann, J., Lipp, A., Reinmuth, K. and Schwetz, K.A., “Strength and fracture toughness of silicon carbide”, this volume.Google Scholar