Methods for Geoelectrical Data Inversion
Professor Alfano has faced the wide problem of interpretation of resistivity measurements in the presence of tridimentional distribution. This is probably the line of research that will produce remarkable progress in the application of resistivity measurements. However, we will only carry out a schematic examination of the methods which are now employed in the automatic interpretation of vertical electrical soundings. A description, even approximate, of the various methods adopted by different authors would have required even more space than that at our disposal.
KeywordsKernel Function Apparent Resistivity Vertical Electrical Sounding Steep Descent Method Linear Filter
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Inman, J.R., 1975. Resistivity inversion with ridge regression, Geophysics, 40: 798–817.Google Scholar
- Koefoed, O., 1979. Resistivity sounding measurements, Elsevier, Amsterdam.Google Scholar
- Kunetz, G., 1966. Principles of Direct Current Resistivity Prospecting. Borntraeger, Berlin.Google Scholar
- Pekeris, C.L., 1940. Direct method of interpretation in resistivity prospecting. Geophysics, 5: 31–46.Google Scholar
- Vozoff, K., 1958. Numerical resistivity analysis: horizontal layers. Geophysics, 23:536–566.Google Scholar