The Domestic Sector — Data, History and Prospects
In this lecture we shall consider briefly the data necessary for an understanding of the domestic sector, and then review the history of energy use in this sector, and the prospects for changes in the pattern of fuel use.
KeywordsSolid Fuel Housing Stock Fuel Price Space Heating Electrical Appliance
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Anscomb, A., Hatch, D., Junankar, S., 1975, “Domestic Sector Analysis 1954/55 to 1974/75 (England and Wales)” Electricity Council Report EF 61, Electricity Council, LondonGoogle Scholar
- Beijdorff, A. F., 1979, “Energy Efficiency” Shell International Petroleum Company, LondonGoogle Scholar
- Central Statistical Office, 1978, “Annual Abstract of Statistics 1979”, HMSO, LondonGoogle Scholar
- Department of Energy, 1978, “Digest of United Kingdom Energy Statistics”, HMSO, LondonGoogle Scholar
- Electricity Council, 1979, “Handbook of Electricity Supply Statistics”, Electricity Council, LondonGoogle Scholar
- Mould, A. E., 1977, “External Insulation — A Practical Way to Improve the Thermal Performance of Existing Solid external Walls”, Report ECRC/MI033, Electricity Council Research Centre, Capenhurst, ChesterGoogle Scholar
- Watt Committee on Energy, 1979, “A Warmer House at Lower Cost”, Watt Committee on Energy, LondonGoogle Scholar