Experience with Foil Strippers in the Chalk River MP Tandem Accelerator
Techniques are described for the preparation of stripper foils. Foils prepared using three of these techniques were tested in the terminal of the Chalk River MP Tandem Accelerator using heavy ion beams such as bromine and iodine. One technique produced foils with a useful lifetime 30 times longer than those previously in use. This paper will discuss recent developments in fabrication and the procedures used for evaluating the test results.
KeywordsCarbon Film Supporting Ring Carbon Foil Amyl Acetate Japan Atomic Energy Research Institute
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- (1).Progress Reports Physics Division PR-P-96, Chalk River Nuclear Laboratories, Chalk River, Ontario AECL-4428 (p-18).Google Scholar
- (2).Proceedings of the 1974 Annual Conference of the Nuclear Target Development Society, Chalk River Nuclear Laboratories, Chalk River, Ontario AECL-5503 (p-172).Google Scholar
- (5).D. S. Whitmell, B. H. Armitage, D. W. L. Tolfree, and N. R. S. Tait, Daresbury Laboratory DL/NSF/P 86 (accelerator).Google Scholar
- (6).J. P. Labrie, Université de Montréal, Private Communication.Google Scholar
- (7).R. L. Auble, Private Communication.Google Scholar