Proton Induced X-Rays
The creation of inner shell holes in the electron cloud of an atom under proton bombardment is well known. Nevertheless, from the physical point of view, still a lot of work is and will be done; theoretical models are tested with sophisticated experiments in order to refine wave functions of the electrons in the inner shells. Every three years an international conference is held entitled: International Conference on inner shell ionization phenomena, where progress made is shown.
KeywordsProjectile Energy Proton Bombardment Binary Encounter Plane Wave Born Approximation Vacancy Production
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.B. Craseman, Atomic Innershell Processes, Academic Press (1975)Google Scholar
- 2.J.D. Garcia, Phys. Rev. A1 (1970) 280Google Scholar
- 4.J.D. Garcia, Phys. Rev. A1 (1970) 1402Google Scholar
- 5.J.M. Hansteen, O.M. Johnsen, L. Koebach, J. Phys. B7 (1974) 271Google Scholar
- 7.N.J. Stern, H.O. Lutz, P.H. Mokler, P. Armbruster, Phys. Rev. A5 (1972) 2126Google Scholar
- 12.Proceedings of the Second International Conference on PIXE and its Analytical Applications (Lund, Sweden 1980)Google Scholar
- 15.R.D. Vis, thesis, Vrije Universiteit, Amsterdam (1977)Google Scholar
- 16.H.P.M. Kivits, thesis Technische Hogeschool, Eindhoven (1980)Google Scholar
- 17.R.D. Vis, P.L. Oe, A.J.J. Bos, H. Verheul, Radiochem. Radioanal. Letters 41 (1979) 245Google Scholar