TEM Studies on the Structure of Low Angle Grain Boundaries in Nickel Oxide
The structures of small angle grain boundaries (SAGB) are studied by means of high voltage electron microscopy (HVEM) in deformed and annealed NiO single crystals. A classification of different types of SAGB is presented. The geometrical parameters and dislocation structures are determined including the nature of extreneous dislocations. The analyzed boundaries show differences compared to boundaries in fcc metals. The differences are attributed to the influence of the ionic character of NiO.
KeywordsBurger Vector Nickel Oxide Dislocation Structure Subgrain Boundary Dislocation Network
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.F.C. Frank, Rep. Conf. on Defects in Solids (London: The Physical Soc.) p.159 (1955)Google Scholar
- 2.W.T. Read, Dislocations in Crystals, Mc-Graw-Hill New York (1953)Google Scholar
- 4.W. Bollmann, Crystal Defects and Crystalline Interfaces, Springer-Verlag, Berlin (1970)Google Scholar
- 10.S. Amelinckx, in: Dislocations and Mechanical Properties of Crystals, J. Wiley & Sons, Inc. New York (1956) p. 3ffGoogle Scholar
- 12.A. Gervais, T. Tertian, J. Deschamps, D. Hokim, Acta Net. 27, 499 (1979)Google Scholar
- 13.K.Y. Liu, N.L. Peterson (this conference)Google Scholar
- 14.D. Wolf (this conference)Google Scholar
- 15.P.B. Hirsch, A. Howie, R.B. Nicholson, D.W. Pashley, M.J. Whelan, Electron Microscopy of Thin Crystals, London: Butterworths (1965)Google Scholar
- 17.S. Amelinckx, Solid State Physics 6 (1964) p. 242 ffGoogle Scholar