Short Range Interaction Between two Superconducting Weak Links
The study of interacting weak links has been stimulated by the interest in constructing coupled coherent arrays of Josephson elements for technical applications and by the desire to achieve a better understanding of the fundamental static and dynamic processes taking place in and around weak links. It should be noted that these phenomena are often most sensitively monitored by using another weak link or a tunnel junction (Giaever, 1965) as a detector.
KeywordsCritical Current Weak Link Tunnel Junction Short Range Interaction Phase Slip Center
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Artemenko, S. N., Volkov, A. F., and Zaitsev, A. V., 1978a, Collective modes in arrays of superconducting bridges, J. de Phys. (Paris) 39:C6–588 (Proc. of LT-15).Google Scholar
- Artemenko, S. N., Volkov, A. F., and Zaitsev, A. V., 1978b, Josephson effect and collective modes in arrays of superconducting bridges, Pis’ma Zh. Eksp. Teor. Fiz., 27:122 [JETP Lett. 27:113, 1978]Google Scholar
- Bindslev Hansen, J., and Lindelof, P. E., 1980a, Non-equilibrium phenomena in Josephson junctions, Proc. of 2nd IC-SQUID Conf. Berlin 1980, to be published.Google Scholar
- Gray, K. E., 1975, Superconducting tunneling into films with voltage steps, Proc. 14th Conf. on Low Temp. Phys., vol. 2, ed. M. Krusius and M. Vuorio (Amsterdam: North-Holland), p. 207.Google Scholar
- Howard, W., and Kao, Y. H., 1975, Current-phase relationship of coupled superconducting weak links, Proc. 14th Conf. on Low Temp. Physics, vol. 4, ed. M. Krusius and M. Vuorio (North-Holland, Amsterdam), p. 144.Google Scholar
- Jillie, D. W., 1976, Interactions between coupled thin-film micro-bridge Josephson junctions, Ph.D. Thesis, State University of New York, Stony Brook, unpublished.Google Scholar
- Kulik, I. O., 1966, Motion of Abrikosov lines in an electric field and the energy dissipation mechanism in homogeneous superconductors, Zh. Eksp. Teor. Fiz. 50:1617 [Sov. Phys. JETP 23:1077, 1966].Google Scholar
- Lindelof, P. E., 1978, Non-equilibrium effects in constricted superconductors, J. de Phys. (Paris), 39:C6–1411. (LT-15).Google Scholar
- Lukens, J. E., Sandell, R. D., and Varmazis, C., 1979, Fabrication of microbridge Josephson junctions using electron beam lithography, “Future Trends in Superconduct ive Electronics.” A.I.P. Conf. Proc. No. 44, ed. by B. S. Deaver et al., (AIP New York), p. 298.Google Scholar
- Nerenberg, M. A. H., and Blackburn, J. A., “Mutual Voltage Locking in Linear Arrays of Josephson Weak Links,” preprint, 1980.Google Scholar
- Tinkham, M., The interaction of phase-slip centers in superconducting filaments, J. Low Temp. Phys., 35:147.Google Scholar