Energy Levels of Electrons Bound to Shallow Donors in GaP
Energy levels of electrons bound to S, Te and Si donors in GaP were determined from Hall effect and infrared absorption measurements. From the Hall data ground state ionization energies of S, Te and Si donors, and valley-orbit splitting energies of the is states of S and Te donors were deduced. Infrared absorption lines due to transitions from the is state of the donors to p-like excited levels were observed. Several excited states were assigned on the basis of the hydrogenic effective mass theory. Thermal and optical ionization energies of S, Te and Si donors were found.
KeywordsIonization Energy Shallow Donor Conduction Band Minimum Liquid Phase Epitaxial Donor Ground State
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 4.A.A. Kopylov and A.N. Pikhtin, Phys. and Tech, of Semiconductors 11, 867 /1977/.Google Scholar
- 6.B. Pôdör and Z. Laczkô, Acta Physica Hungarica, in press.Google Scholar
- 9.W. Kohn, in Solid State Physics, ed. F. Seitz and D. Turnbull, Academic Press, New York, 1957, Vol. 5, p. 257.Google Scholar
- 10.B. Pôdör, J. Pfeifer, L. Csontos, N. NAdor and F. Deâk, to be published.Google Scholar
- 11.A.T. Vink, A.J. Bosman, J.A.W. Van der Does de Bye and R.C. Peters, J. of Luminescence 5, 57 /1972/.Google Scholar
- 12.M. Toyama, K. Unno and A. Kasami, Jap. J. Appl. Phys. 7, /1968/. 1418Google Scholar
- 13.P.J. Dean, D. Bimberg and E. Mansfield, Phys. Rev. /1977/. B15, 3906Google Scholar
- 14.A.T. Vink, R.L.A. Van der Heyden and J.A.W. Van der, Does, de, Bye, J. of Luminescence 8, 105 /1973/.Google Scholar