Lattice Dynamics of Substitutional 119mSn in Covalent Semiconductors
The theory of impurity vibrational amplitudes, Debye temperatures and Mössbauer Debye-Waller factors for 119mSn on substitutional positions in f.c.c., b.c.c. and zincblende lattices is described. Several models for such systems are commented ou, and an extension of Mannheim’s model to the zincblende structure is presented. Using Weber’s adiabatic bond charge model for the host lattices, unexpectedly small impurity-host force constants relative to the host-host force constants were found for 119mSn in silicon and germanium. Possible explanations are discussed. For 119mSn in α-tin reasonable agreement between the phonon model and experiment is observed.
KeywordsDebye Temperature Host Lattice Zincblende Structure Perfect Lattice Vibrational Amplitude
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.I.M. Lifshitz, JETP 17, 1017, 1076 (1947); Nuovo Cimento 3 suppl. 4, 716 (1956)7-Google Scholar
- 2.Yu.Kagan, Ya.A.Iosilevskii, JETP 15, 182 (1962); JETP 17, 195 (1963); JETP 19, 1462 (1964).Google Scholar
- 6.J.W. Petersen, O.H. Nielsen, G. Weyer, E. Antoncik, S. Damgaard, Phys. Rev. B, in print.Google Scholar
- 8.E.g.: G.W. Lehmann, R.E. DeWames, Phys. Rev. 131, 1008 (1963); D. Strauch, Phys. Stat. Sol. 30, 495 (1968); M. Vandevyver, P. Plumelle, J. Phys. Chem. Sol. 38, 765 (1977).Google Scholar
- 10.A.A. Maradudin, E.W. Montroll, G.H. Weiss, I.P. Ipatova, Solid State Phys. suppl. 3, and ed., Academic Press (1971).Google Scholar