Electronic Impurity Levels in SmS Compounds
We study the electronic energy levels on the nearest neighbours to a substitutional anionic atom in SmS compounds. In agreement with an experimentally observed collapse of doped crystals, the impurity is essentially supposed to introduce a drastic change in the dd hopping integrals between near neighbour conduction band orbitals of samarium. We find that a bound state extracted from the conduction band and falling below the f levels is able to drive an f quasistate above the Fermi level through fd hybridization.
KeywordsPhenomenological Parameter Dope Crystal Electronic Energy Level Relate Narrow Isoelectronic Impurity
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.O. Pena and R. Tournier, ICM’1979, to appear in J.M.M.M.Google Scholar
- 4.R. Camley, J.C. Parlebas, K.R. Subbaswamy and D.L. Mills, J. Physique C5, 372 (1978).Google Scholar
- J.C. Parlebas and C. Demangeat, 3èmes Journées RCP 520, Grenoble (1980).Google Scholar
- 6.H.L. Davis, 9th R.E. Research Conference, ed. Field, Vol.1, p.3 (1971).Google Scholar
- 8.J.C. Parlebas, ICM’(1979, to appear in J.M.M.M.Google Scholar
- 9.G. Krill, M.F. Ravet, L. Abadli and J.M. Leger, 3èmes Journées RCP 520, Grenoble (1980).Google Scholar